The Alberta Soccer Association (ASA) is moving to phase 2, where small sided games can be played under a cohort system. More information can be found at here: https://albertasoccer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Alberta-Soccer-Plan-Phase-2-Return-to-Modified-Games.pdf
You should have received an email from ASA with respect to officiating these games. You need to have done the following:
- Be over the age of 18
- Registered and paid for the current season
- Completed the Online Refresher Course
- Completed the Refereeing Modified Games Webinar.
- Complete the Waiver Form, which can be found here: (attachment below)
EMSA North will not be using officials for these games at this time. Should this situation change, officials will be advised and this page will be updated.
There is also the possibility that if ASA moves to phase 3, officials will be required. If we get to phase 3, it is unknown what format the games will take. This will be decided by ASA. ASA has stated it is highly recommended that officials over the age of 18, complete all of the required steps If you are under the age of 18, you will need to wait until ASA advises that games can return to normal.
In the event that you are not involved with officiating this outdoor season and do not officiate in the indoor program, ASA has advised that refunds can be requested. You would need to contact ASA for more information.
Assistant Referees are not required at this time. If/once ASA advises we can move to phase 3 and the games take a regular format, Assistant Referees will then be able to resume officiating.
Mini Referees are not required at this time. Once ASA confirms that Mini Referees can be used to officiate games, you will be advised.
Field Information/ Field Closure Information
Most of our games are held on City of Edmonton fields. However we also use the EMSA West Complex and the Bill Gilhespy Soccer Centre (ESA). Please see below how games work at each facility. You can also check for other fields/facilities in the top right hand corner of the home page, in the event a game is scheduled at any other field/facility.
Although Assignr will be updated as soon as possible after it is known that the fields are closed, it is your responsibility as an official to confirm if the fields are closed. If the fields are closed do not go to your assignment.
Field closure information can be found below. The information for the 3 facilities/fields that we use are as follows:
- City of Edmonton
Phone: (780)496-4999 Enter 1
Please check after 4:00PM on the day of your game. If you are officiating U9 or U11 community games and the fields are open but the weather is marginal, please also check the home page of EMSA North at https://emsanorth.com/
- EMSA West Complex
Address: 10058 231 Street NW. Please see the map for driving directions HERE:
You will need to find the field when you get to the facility as the field numbers are changed regularly.
The field status is updated after 3:00PM. You can also check the status on the EMSA North home page at the top of the page. The link is HERE: https://emsanorth.com/
- Bill Gilhespy Soccer Complex (ESA)
Address: 14920 142 Street NW.
With the exception of U11 games, the field number on your schedule will not necessarily match what field you are playing on. Check on the board just before you enter the parking lot to find the field your game is on.
Please also be aware that if a game is suspended or terminated, teams are not allowed to remain on the field.
The field status is updated after 3:00PM.
- Other Fields/Facilities
In the event a game(s) is scheduled at another field/facility you can find the relevant information on our home page, in the top right hand corner.
As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Canada Soccer Association (CSA) has suspended all referee courses. More information can be found by CLICKING HERE
All officials currently registered in a referee course will be advised via email, by the Referee Director, when the courses will be held or cancelled
CONTACT OUR ASSIGNOR
If you have any questions, please contact our assignor at the contact information below.
EMSA North pays by direct deposit only. If you are not on direct deposit, please complete the following form HERE. Payments are made approximately every 2 weeks.
The current fee structure is as follows:
- U9 games ($25.00 for community $35.00 for North Side United)
- U11 games ($35.00 for community $45.00 for North Side United)
- U13 games ($45.00 for community $50.00 for North Side United)
- U15 games ($55.00 for community $55 for North Side United)
- U17 games ($60.00 for community $60.00 for North Side United)
- U19 games ($60.00 for community $60.00 for North Side United)
- U11 games – (No community, $20.00 for North Side United)
- U13 games – ($25.00 for community $30.00 for North Side United)
- U15 games – ($25.00 for community $30.00 for North Side United)
- U17 games – ($30.00 for community $35.00 for North Side United)
- U19 games – ($35.00 for community & $35.00 North Side United)
Refereeing for some can be a calling but since it is also a paying position there are expectations and conditions. We want our referees to succeed so we take all feedback very seriously and will work with referees experiencing problems through a variety of methods such as additional mentoring or by recommending additional training.
Misconduct reports must be submitted the office by 4:00 PM the next business day following your game to ensure an investigative process is promptly initiated. Please forward any ASA reports to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 780-406-0825.
Expectations of EMSA North Referees and Assistant Referees:
- It is expected that all referees treat players, coaches, parents and each other with respect. Maintaining professionalism both on and off the field and applying the rules of the game in a fair, consistent manner will minimize the possibility of situations escalating out of hand. Respect is an earned expectation.
- It is expected that all referees will wear the appropriate uniform to all games.
- Except in the cases of emergency it is expected that any cancellation of games will be made at least 48 hours notice prior to the games.
- It is expected that all referees will inform the Assignor if there is a no-show.
- It is expected that referees will honor their assignments and will not turn back or switch games because of pay or other reasons.
- If you have completed your assignment and notice another game ready to go with no officials please contact your assignor immediately.
- If you have completed your assignment and notice a game ready to go but without officials and cannot officiate the game please advise the affected coaches that you have contacted the assignor.