EMSA North Volunteers:
EMSA North is primarily a volunteer run organization, if it wasn’t for the hard work of our volunteer board members, teams officials and parents the program would not exist. There are many ways to give back to the program, from board positions to coaching opportunities to fundraising and events. Most positions can be signed up for when registering your child for the season or by contacting your community league directly.
EMSA North staff work with our volunteers to ensure they are supported and provided with the tools to complete their position. If you have questions on some of our opportunities please contact our Executive Director at email@example.com
EMSA North Volunteer Positions
- Head Coach (valid application and security clearance required)
- Coach, mentor and develop players while creating and fostering a team atmosphere. As a coach, you will be required to attend a coaching course to help develop your skills as a coach. You must attend all games prepared with team equipment including first aid kits.
- Assistant Coach (valid application and security clearance required)
- Assist head coach with team, prepare kids on bench for line changes, act as a head coach in absence of head coach. Coaching courses are available but not mandatory for this position.
- Team Manager (valid application and security clearance required)
- Responsible for keeping the team organized for games and tournaments, coordinating with parents, acting as a liaison between coaches and parents and assisting the coach with organizational details. Responsible for contacting your teams’ parents to ensure game information is relayed in event of changes or cancellations. Acts as a team administrator by completing and submitting game sheets to appropriate league administrators.
- Soccer Registrations
- These shifts can range from carding sessions to registration sessions and occur prior to the beginning of the season, often you will sign up for this shift in the previous season
- Tournament Events
- Tournaments are a primary source of fundraising for our zone; these are large events with a multitude of volunteer options. These volunteer positions will vary from medal presentation, set-up and tear-down, specific fundraisers, Field Marshal and others.
- Office Assistance
- EMSA North operates on a very small staff so we often have positions for assistance in the office for computer work or filing; it is necessary to have a moderate understanding of computers and data entry.
- Bingo’s and Casino’s (Security clearance may be required)
- Bingos and Casinos are another large source of fundraising in EMSA North. These events require various volunteers in different roles throughout the events, there are a variety of dates and shifts to choose from. Food is provided at these events.
These commitments below are examples only of some volunteer commitments operated out of your community. The information below on the commitments may differ slightly between community league.
- Community Soccer Director
- This position is vital for a successful community run program. The person willing to take on this role will be responsible to ensure children in their community get a chance to play soccer and connect with other members of the community. This role will attend emsa north board meetings and act as a representative of your community to the emsa north board of directors.This role runs year long and along with a variety of duties the main purpose is to direct the facilitation of the soccer program within the community. Building teams and communicating with coaches in the community. This role is required to attend EMSA North Board of Directors meetings, Planning session and AGM. Please contact your community league to see if there is any vacancies if you are interested in this position.
- Equipment Director
- Responsible for ensuring proper equipment distribution to teams at the start of the season, and collecting all equipment at the end of the season.
- Year-end Soccer Party
- Responsible for planning the year end party for the season
- Photo/medal Distribution
- Responsible for picking up and distributing medals and team photos to families at the end of the season
- Soccer Registrations
- Various positions welcoming newcomers in taking payments.
- Bingos & Casinos
- Communities also hold their own Bingo and Casinos with a variety of shifts and dates available.