NOTICE TO OUR MEMBERSHIP: Community Outdoor Soccer

Good Afternoon,
May 4th the Premier of Alberta announced new public health measures which will impact youth sports. As we promised when planning for what was sure to be a season of unknowns our zone was committed to provide soccer to our young athletes, in any capacity we were able. Last night our executive met to reestablish the plans in place based on the new anticipated start date.
We built our fees in such a fashion that would allow for a staged approach to the season, and we planned our season the best we could based on these anticipated stages, please see the letter to our membership we sent out and posted on our website in March in case you have not read it.
The original season start date was to begin May 15th with the intention that we would be in Phase 1 – Return to Train with the ability to move to scrimmages or even full games when provided with the go ahead to do so. The announcement has delayed our anticipated start to May 31st at this time. We are still however committed to providing a program of 10-12 sessions as outlined in our letter to our membership.
We anticipated that we would be faced with many unknowns once again this season and therefore committed to deliver these sessions within the allotted time frame for the “Outdoor Soccer Season” as outlined through Alberta Soccer. (please refer to the refund policy on this time frame).
At this time the season has not yet been cancelled. We are simply delayed, and as such hope to return safely to the field May 31st and offer a 10 sessions per team (2 sessions per week). However our membership is prepared to pivot and make changes as necessary to comply with government orders as we receive them.
In the meantime as we anxiously wait a safe return to train we will be busy in our zone providing coaches with training modules, online training sessions and meetings with our Technical Lead to ensure once athletes are able to back on the field, our coaches are prepared to deliver a meaningful and uplifting season for your player.
If we can begin May 31st and safely hold 10 sessions with no delays our zone will also be happy to make available a summer league and/or camps to our members as long as it remains safe to do so.
Thank you, stay safe
EMSA North Board of Directors